Thursday, March 13, 2008

Germany Trip Recap (Pic is of the Closter Eberbach)


So I can see how some may take from my posts that maybe my trip wasn't so fun. Certainly lady luck did not visit me during my travels. Lady luck wasn't waiting for me upon my return to work either as I fell ill on Monday and tuesday. As I look back on my time, I realize how much Germany and Idstein grew on me. I loved the city and the people and the culture. I have said that if it were a town in the USA, I would live there (i'm borderline wanting to live there even though it isn't in the USA based on on the crime I see on jocosob.blogger.com). I hope to visit there again some day. It is nice to be back with my family of course, but some things I haven't transitioned to well to. I constantly want to look at my window and see the low mountain and valleys and trees. I want to step out my door and see the town and not suburbia. I want my water to not taste like a swimming pool. And I think I got used to the no ice thing too. Closter Eberbach is 900 year old monestary. It was used for some scenes in the movie, "The Name of the Rose", featuring Sean connery

5 comments:

Kerry said...

gross! swimming pool water???? yucky!

Kristin Michelle said...

yeah...i agree with Kerry...i would go with tap water!

you should bring your photos that you took with you on Sunday so we can see them!

jrchaard said...

The swimming pool water is what our water here tastes like out of the tap. I didn't think so until I came back. Since I primarily drink water, I was able to tell the difference very quickly, but I'm getting used to it again

troy said...

Nice photo, very well framed. Makes a good windows background. You should go PRO. (with a little more white contrast and photoshop the red lady out.) Its better than your castle picture.

jrchaard said...

This is just one of the gems you get when you are just limping along and quickly hold your digital camera up and take a picture and hope for the best. There are 120 other pictures that aren't so good.