Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NetFlix Instant-View has found its Niche


Netflix Instant View Online has found its niche. Following the writer's strike that dealt with royalties for online content, I had high hopes that the flood gates would open up that held the movie studios back from releasing their content online to paid services like Netflix. I was both right and wrong. I was wrong in that no movie that anyone has actually seen at a theater within the last 35 years has been released on Netflix. I was right in that a flood of movies would be made available. What kind of movies exactly? Well, go to your nearest Wal-Mart and look for that big basket with the $5.00 DVDs, and look at all of those titles. Now that you have gotten your hopes up, none of those movies will be available. Too much viewership. You might find one of those $5.00 DVDs that actually has three movies on it, and the worst of those three movies will be available online. If you like Troma movies, double features, made for video slasher/mild-adult movies, then you will be happy to see that the Toxic Avenger 2, or Alien Blood. I still have hope.

3 comments:

the jotus said...

Why don't you use Blockbuster? It is basically the same price and you get their entire selection.

Anonymous said...

Weird. I guess your account has different movies than mine. I bought the TV attachement. I just watched Before the Devil Konws You're Dead, which just came out this year, and I saw the first three seasons of the Office before the third one was even out on DVD. My bf is watching the 2nd season of Heroes and it's not out on DVD yet either. I wonder why your Netflix doesn't show that stuff. I'd call them.

jrchaard said...

I do have access to the office, which I have viewed, and heroes. The problem is that they do have many 2008 and 2007 releases. Unfortunately, Before the Devil knows your dead only grossed 7 million dollars. I want to know what movie that grossed over 60 million that has been released since 2007 is available on Netflix instant view. Grindhouse came out and I watched it, but it has since been removed.