Monday, September 22, 2008

Embryonic Stem Cells Run for President


I pretty much think Obama has abandoned his campaign for change. In its place, Obama has chosen a tactic that worked well in Missouri in defeating Jim Talent in 2006. Embryonic Stem Cell research is wildly popular here in Missouri, of course, so is light rail and murder. The add I listened to from Barrak Obama focused solely on Stem Cell research. I didn't realize that had polled well as one of the top concerns facing the country, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm not going to hide my feelings here, so, I think that people ignorantly and blindly believe in this Miracle cure. With Embryonic Stem Cell research, you can cure every ailment known to ever exist, so long as there are more lines made available and we spend years and years of research and billions and billions of dollars, we might find a cure for flatulence in mice. There have been no breakthroughs with Embryonic Stem Cells, just the promise. In the meantime, we keep hearing about actual breakthrough using adult skin cells. But that doesn't fit the real agenda of devaluing life.

Barrak Obama is just a promise. He is an empty candidate that campaigns merely on vague change. Change of course, can be whatever you want it to be. That is why Barrak Obama is now the Embryonic Stem Cell candidate. They both are offered up as miracles and the masses eat them up. In the end, they only work to eat society up.

2 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I have to admit that I am hoping that some sort of stem cell research will provide answers for my wife.. but I don't have a lot of hope that it will happen.

Did you see the 60 Minutes interviews with McCain and Obama last night? I would have to say that if one believes Obama is an empty candidate then one would also have to believe that McCain is a full (as in "full of it") candidate.

I am still undecided but have been concerned this past week at McCain's knee-jerk reactions to the economic crisis.. starting with a denial of the crisis and offering solutions that seem to include firing the head of the SEC (something the president doesn't have the authority to do) and gettin those bad-guy CEOs and their parachutes.. comes across like a blowhard to me.

Maybe we can write-in our own candidate Scott.. of course he would have to be pro-ethanol :)

jrchaard said...

I hope stem cell research comes through with some big break throughs, so long as it isn't embryonic stem cell research. We have seen some real advancements in adult skin cells and I think that is where the real science is. I believe the embryonic movement is there to advance another agenda.
McCain is a best a populist, but at the least, he is saying something. Obama is holding out opinion so that he doesn't stick his foot in his mouth. He has no economic background and really has nothing to say or offer.