Monday, September 29, 2008

Environmental Myths


I am now 32 years old. I can now say talk about things of my childhood and not be talking about the not too recent past. About 22 or 23 years ago, I was told many predictions about the environment and what life would be like for me now. I was told that there would not be enough gasoline for me to drive by the time I was old enough to drive. I have now been driving for half my life so that prediction was FALSE. I was told that we were approaching a new ice age because the pollution was too thick. I was told this at the tail end of that prediction as the wackos were calling for that to happen for decades. Today, the same crowd is calling for global warming. I was also told that acid rain would destroy plans, be harmful to contact, and ruin the water supply. Movies depicted scenes of depleted greenery and clothing with holes in them. I can't tell you the last time I heard anyone even say the phrase "acid rain".

The Bible speaks about prophets and false prophets. A prophet is one that receives a word or vision from God. For them to be from God, they must be true as God would not provide false visions. If a prophet is speaking falsehood, then they are shown to have no gift and must be a false prophet. The same should go for these scientists. They are making false predictions for a long time now that are not even based on real science. When will we cast them out as false prophets

1 comment:

Troy said...

I was told plants have feelings that can be detected on lie detector machines. False Scientists - lets cast them out or make them pay back research money. I am still searching for where I can buy a hoverboard!