Key point from Mr. Common Sense & No Debt is creating insurance for the truly risky mortgages, costing around 50 billion dollars, the same amount of money that was sent to Africa last month. The other key point is around the elimination of the capital gains tax. Allow those that have capital in the private sector to invest and pump billions of dollars into companies without penalty rather than the government just printing money. The key here is that investors get to choose which ventures are worthy and which are not as opposed to government hacks that will play favorites, as Henry Paulson does with Goldman Sachs. These two points, along with some accounting changes will help to end the current crisis. But why end there. Lets take care of the problems that got us here, like bad government direction and out of control spending. Here are my amendments to Dave Ramsey's plan.
1. Eliminate the IRS by instituting a National Sales Tax.
2. Eliminate Minimum Wage.
3. Energy policy: Drill, Drill, Drill, Nuclear, wind, solar.
4. Close the borders and deport Illegal immigrants, then create a guest worker program.
5. Eliminate all education and health benefits for Illegal immigrants.
6. Privatize Social Security.
8. Freeze government spending. If you need new, you have to cut.
9. Annul the Amendment allowing for an income tax.
10. Ban abortion.
11. Eliminate the IRS, Department of Education, HUD....
12. Pass an amendment allowing for the line item veto.
13. Eliminate earmarks
These are a few of my ideas. Please feel free to add your own in the comments section