Monday, November 24, 2008

When to Call NASA Dead


There is a shuttle mission going on right now. Most of the news coverage has centered around a lost tool belt. This information alone is not enough to ask what happened to the space program? The story that does force me to ask this question is that for years and years, every space shuttle mission story that I hear starts with what crappy music mission control used to wake up the shuttle crew. This morning it was Van Halen. And mission control always tries to tie the song into something cute for space or the day. This is like listening to the story about what song was played at the Kansas City Chiefs game during the opening kick-off and not mentioning the score.

It is sad that the wake-up music is always the lead in for these shuttle missions. Since this has been going on for years, I think it is time to pull the plug. "I think I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."

No comments: