Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fear in Today's Economy


My wife was speaking to me about fear last night. I was thinking that most fear that I have is not in the moment but in the future. Will I be employed, is my emergency fund big enough, what if a car breaks down, how will changes at work affect my income or employment. I thought of the bible passage from Mathew 6:34 in which Christ says "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I'm not revealing anything earth shattering here, but it is something that I am going to focus on. Each day that we have is a gift. We do not know when our time will come. If I spend my whole day fretting about the future, I will lose sight of what is in front of me. I will allow it to control me. When it comes to work and finances, I will use this scripture to keep these fears away. 6 years ago, when I was working as a contractor, every day I came to work had the possibility of being my last day. I would obsess over my future. I was stuck. Once I started putting my future in God’s hands, things started to open up for me. I need to do that again. I think this is what our nation is missing.

1 comment:

Kansas Bob said...

Don't worry Scott.. all of you health software folks will be working for Obama before too long :)