Wednesday, May 27, 2009

G.I. Joe Movie Transforms into Power Rangers


If anyone has been to a movie lately, it is likely they also so the theatrical trailer for the new G.I. Joe movie. I was once anticipating this movie until I saw the preview. It looked normal enough, General Hawk establishing a team of highly trained, special mission troops whose mission is to destroy COBRA, a ruthless, terrorist organization designed to rule the world. Then I saw the conept of the accelerator suites and the movie premise went into the toilet. At first, I thought, why turn G.I. Joe into Transformers. They already have a movie coming out this summer. But with my wife's help, I realized something worse. They transformed G.I. Joe into Power Rangers. Instead of saying "Yo Joe", they will be saying "go go Power Rangers". The scene the encapsulated it best is when these G.I. Rangers are running down a street dodging missles in slo-mo. I gagged and gave the movie an immediate thumbs down.

No comments: