Saturday, September 5, 2009

Media's 9/11 cover-up

Every time I see a video of the towers being hit or collapsing, every time I hear a witness recount their experience, my heart is broken for the 3,000 people that died and the nation that was wounded. My heart also breaks because the biggest single attack on America has gone and continues to go under reported. Couple this with our President trying to cover-up 9/11 even more by creating a national day of service. Why do we not see more coverage. Is it because they don't want to show the traumatic footage and hurt people. I don't think so, since the same organizations show pictures of dying marines in afghanistan. I want to remember what happened, and I want my children to remember what happened that day.

5 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Very few families have had any skin in the game after 9/11.. relatively speaking few lost loved ones that day.. and few have loved ones who have fought in Iraq or Afghanistan. I think that showing footage from Iraq and Afghanistan keeps 9/11 and the war on terror in the forefront.

jrchaard said...

I think seeing the 9/11 footage is important for knowing why so many people died in afghanistan and Iraq.

Kansas Bob said...

I think that the repeated viewing of the 9/11 attacks anesthetized folks to it.

What people need is skin in the game like they did in WWII and Vietnam because most everyone sacrificed. I know that having a son fighting in Iraq gave me a different perspective on 9/11.

What do you think it will take for folks to get some skin in the game? Is there a way to sacrifice something other than our sons and daughters?

jrchaard said...

I think that if we didn't finance our government on deficit spending, we would be a little more choosy on where and when we went to war. A spike in conflict would require a spike in taxes, and hence the skin. But, everyone needs to pay is the other part.

Kansas Bob said...

Not sure that I heard any skin in that comment Scott.. but I do think that it is representative of what most people think about 9/11.. sorry about it but not willing to sacrice.