Monday, September 28, 2009

Zune HD fall short of the I-touch


In an attempt to compete with the Apple I-touch, Microsoft has released the touch screen Zune HD. I liken it to a pinto competing with a Porsche. This is especially sad for me as I am a Zune owner and had high hopes and anticipation for the new Zune HD. Reading specs online did nothing for giving the full grasp of what this product would really be like. When I went to walmart on the 15th of September to see the actual model, I was crushed. For the vast majority of people that don’t have a zune, imagine the Nano being made into a flat touch screen. Then, try to imagine using that limited real estate to view videos and web pages. Chances are, if you wanted a device for web browsing and videos, you would have chosen the i-touch. Being a Zune owner, I already had an inferiority complex. The Zune HD was Zune’s chance to show that they could match or exceed an apple product. Sadly, we were let down. I will be pinching my pennies now so that I can afford the 32 or 64 touch and leave my beloved Zune behind.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Hmm, I think Obama uses a Zune too... dec 08 story

Coolaaron88 said...

Are you serious with this blog? Numerous amounts of back orders for the Zune HD dont support your claim. And if you are going to talk bad about the Zune having a 3.3 in screen, thats only 2.2 in shy of the iPod Touch. Its not that big of a deal then the focus is on MUSIC. So go spend 299 or 399 on an iPod Touch, I'll enjoy my Masterpiece that is the Zune HD.

jrchaard said...

coolaaron. I'm really torn. I love my current zune and also wanted the HD. My wife has a touch and it has really awesome web browsing capability. If it was just about music, I would get a shuffle and call it a day. I'm looking for a hand held multi-media platform, Music,video,podcasts,web,applications. I know the touch can deliver these. I just look at that zune hd screen and think, how am I really going to be able to use the touch screen to use the web.

Kansas Bob said...

This old guy does okay with his Palm Pre phone.. but I do hate all things Apple :)