Thursday, October 29, 2009

Obama Offers Contrived Salute: A page Right Out of The Clinton Manual


I believe that some time last week, Barrak Obama received a phone call from former president Bill Clinton. "Listen, barry, can I call you barry, look, the people think you are weak and out of touch with the military. That you hold them in disdain. I had the same problem myself. I have an idea for you. You see, back in 1994, the world celebrated the 50th anniversary of the D-Day invasion of France. Now, those Limbaugh types thought it was sad that on such a solemn day, our nation had a military hating President in the oval office. I got an idea. If I could get the help of the press to capture a contrived spontaneous moment, it would be great opportunity to show that I do hold the military in reverance. So, I took a walk along the beaches of Normandy. The idea was that I was supposed to be alone, with nobody watching. Nobody but the photographers that we tipped off. Suddenly, I would come across a pile of rocks, rocks that were put there the night before. Then, upon seeing the rocks, I made a makeshift cross on the beach to show just how moved I was. I don't know what was harder, drumming up the solemnity or having to make a cross. Barry, you need to have your D-day moment."
Obama took this advice to heart. Upon consulting his advisors, most of whom suggested that he hold a military parade of goose stepping acorn members along Pennsylvania Avenue, he decided to execute his own D-day plan. The plan, as photographed early this morning was to capture a solemn Obama saluting the fallen soldiers as their caskets are off loaded on Dover Air Force Base.
Do get me wrong. I'm quite certain that he does regret the loss. But I am quite certain it was done for a photo op.

4 comments:

Troy said...

No I think it was a life-changing molment caught on tape. "I should have voted for more equipment, more troops - perhaps this person would be able to see his family once again."

Anonymous said...

Token Photo Op: Its easy to stand there in the dark. Sgt Dale R. Griffin served 4 years and will be now known as the only one to be brought in full view of the media.

Kansas Bob said...

I like it when government workers honor soldiers regardless of their motives.

Troy said...

Accepting counterfeit money is fun in games but try to deposit it at the bank...