Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lou Dobbs to Join Fox Business?

In a continuous drain of talent from cable news and networks, Lou Dobbs announced his retirement from CNN after 29 years with the network. Lou anchored CNN’s business programs and brought high ratings to the network. Those are the facts as we know them now. Any story you will read from the mainstream media will basically say that Lou was forced out because of his opposition to illegal immigration. They will say that Mexican groups put too much pressure on Lou and that his views had put him at odds with the network. They will also site all of the racist groups that advocate illegal immigration as saying how wonderful this will be for CNN. The reality as I see it is that Lou Dobbs has left the network as it continues to sink. Like MSNBC,ABC,CBS and NBC, CNN is a sinking titanic that is taking on too much water as it lists to the left. I believe that Lou has left CNN to join the new Fox Business Channel. I have nothing to base this on aside from my gut. John Stossell left ABC to join Fox Business, causing ABC list so far to the left that water is coming in through the smokestacks. He was the only counterweight for that network. I think Lou is going to join Dave Ramsey and John Stossell on Fox Business sometime in the next couple of months.

6 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I look forward to not watching him on Fox as much as I don't watch him on CNN now.

jrchaard said...

Since I don't get cable, I don't watch any of them.

jonorth said...

Too bad, you might learn something.

jrchaard said...

I wouldn't know. I know little about Dobbs except what I read and the couple of times I saw him while running at the fitness center. What I do know is that his move from CNN seems like a smart move.

Kansas Bob said...

For someone who doesn't have cable you know a lot about the talking heads on cable :)

jrchaard said...

How do I know anything that I think I know. To this one though, half of them are all on the radio.