There are many repetitive stories that are not needed, yet they are reported year after year as if they are brand new. Here are a few of the stories:
1. Thanksgiving is the busiest travel time of the year.
2. There will be flight delays during busy travel times.
3. You should have emergency gear in your car, as well as 3 days worth of supplies for any ice or snow event.
4. The day after Thanksgiving, known as black Friday, is the busiest shopping day of the year.
5. Economist are always surprised at how different the economy is from what the predicted, such as jobless claims and consumer spending.
6. Anything any person does adversely affects the environment
7. There is a thing called the “flu” season and there are flu shots that will be in short supply.
8. The 4th of July is dangerous because of fireworks. There are so many safe and lame alternatives to fireworks, “funnerworks”, like clapping your hands or turning on and off the lights.
9. Each August, children will return to school and they will have a hard time waking up and not be in a good mood, especially when they have the local media in their bedrooms to watch them get dressed.
10. Trick-or-treating can be dangerous for many reasons. You should make sure mask eye holes are large enough to see and throw all of your candy away because even if it isn’t poisoned by a criminal, the sugar will kill you
11. Americans are overweight.
12. The sun is dangerous and you should used plenty of sunscreen.
13. Your neighbor is in dire need, pick a neighbor and he probably thinks the same about you.
14. The stock market will fluctuate based on everything other than the financial success of the individual firm.
15. The price of oil will fluctuate based on everything under the sun.
If you have any ideas, feel free to add them.