Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fox and Friends:Worst Story Ever


I have not watched Fox in the morning for several weeks. Back when I did while I was running, I found it lower on content than it was during last indoor running season. This morning, Fox presented a news story so inconsequential I couldn't believe the anchors didn't walk off the show. Not only was the story so trivial, they had to drag it out by having a remote guest offer some insight. The story, you may ask, was about the theft of the 1985 Naval Academy Class flag from a bar. They showed a surveilance video of a man stealing the flag and then stuffing it down his pants. While the vidoe was playing, a 1985 navy alumni commented on the theft and his speculation on motive. Even I like to take a break from hard news, but this kind of junk reporting would be considered torture if shown to Gitmo detainees.
Now, what elements could have been changed that may have made it news worthy. Suppose the flag was stolen at gunpoint; that would cause one to take interest. Maybe the flag was stolen by terrorist and held ransom; that would cause on to take interest. What if it was taken down by the local or federal government;that would be news worthy. Since the story was merely about a bald dude taking it off the wall, it isn't worth your time, and barely worth your time reading this post. Shame on you Fox.

4 comments:

Raymore Business said...

Good for you hold the bar up there. I am guilty of grading on the curve. I like how I haven't been bombed about Tiger on FoxNews as bad as others. I have noticed that the foxnews.com is running more TMZ stories than I care. Personally I'd rather hear of a flag than who's next months adult mag cover, but I am in the minority. (BTW - I think you missed a Pit Bull Story.)

Kansas Bob said...

Probably still better than Beck :)

jrchaard said...

many things are better than beck. I don't miss many pit bull stories. I get a daily google alert. I'm ready to put another post out actually

jrchaard said...

many things are better than beck. I don't miss many pit bull stories. I get a daily google alert. I'm ready to put another post out actually