Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Blog to Change the McWorld - (Violence at McDonalds)

For my first Blog on Zulu Buff, I’d like to second the proposal of some sort of ordinance that would prohibit the display of news or other non-children safe programming from McDonald’s.

Here is MY input to the McDonald's USA Contact Us webpage:

“My 9, 6 and 4 year old celebrated a monthly family moment at McDonalds in Raymore, MO one evening this week. The only memory they or I still have of that night is your bigscreen T.V. showing blood GUSH from a young boy’s head on CNN. That’s not why I went to share Ice Cream at Kid-friendly place (which I thought McDonalds was). That one special night out at your restaurant showed my kids the most violent pictures they have EVER seen. Young kids have a hard enough time dealing with the earthquake – but uncensored graphic violence at a family dinner - that’s just not right. (Included is a link to the video we sat in front of at your restaurant, Note: Warning to you, especially while at the family dinner table: GRAPHIC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Unh4v1lFU0)
If you saw the link then you know why my kids have a hard time sleeping. Although we prayed for that poor little boy while at the table, I have spent much time explaining it to my kids and assuring them that they are not in danger. I would never let my children see that at home. It was without sound and I happened to sit with my back to the TV to focus on my kids when they saw it. Many real life events should not be on public display at McDonalds. I would like to see a policy change at McDonalds, this should never happen again. -“

When it happened my first thought was "Hey good for him, he just picked him up and wasn't afraid of touching the blood or anything" then I saw my kids eyes. MAN. - I suggest that if you want Anderson Cooper or Haiti news updates go to Tanner’s Pub or somewhere else not promoted by Ronald McDonald.

12 comments:

jrchaard said...

I on the other hand am against an ordinance. The price of liberty is blood. Sometimes that blood may be the innocence of our children's eyes. As a free society, you have the ability to choose which restaurants you patronize. McDonald's should respond to consumer demand on their own to remove that station as opposed to be compelled by the government. When we allow for ordinance such as the one you say, where does it stop. Again, I'm willing to pay the price to have my freedom.

S. Dogood said...

I promise I will never eat ketchup at McDonalds again without that picture in my mind. Oh, Such an ordinance WILL exist. Your liberty to show bloody violence ENDS at my children’s eyeballs. But what if it were just an internal policy – perhaps. But this was a failure on 1) CNN for not censoring it - at all, 2) McDonalds for not having any safeguards (or Vchip) 3) My fault for trusting the #1 restaurant with a kid-friendly reputation.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time I was helping my friend return a DVD player at BestBuy (formerly at Bannister Mall). The BestBuy tech tried to prove it worked by playing a DVD he randomly selected off his work bench. Immediately, the most intense part of a hardcore adult video played on the large-screen in front of all customers. The two pre-teen girls next to us were in shock, as were we. The Tech was dumbfounded and stumbled to eject the filth. “What are you doing – are you sick?” I blurted out, and he was embarrassed and said it was left there by a customer. He said he didn’t know what it was.
I suggested a new policy for Best Buy – ONLY TEST CUSTOMER DVD PLAYERS WITH PG RATED DVDS.

jrchaard said...

If you want censorship, who decides what gets censored. To you it may be violence, but to a government beauracrat. He may censor any religious references or political speak. Do you trust the gov to be the censor for your child. Look at how good of a job they have done censoring images of 9/11. they have done such a good job that in just 8 years, the emotion of the event has left our collective consciousness.

jrchaard said...

If you want censorship, who decides what gets censored. To you it may be violence, but to a government beauracrat. He may censor any religious references or political speak. Do you trust the gov to be the censor for your child. Look at how good of a job they have done censoring images of 9/11. they have done such a good job that in just 8 years, the emotion of the event has left our collective consciousness.

S. Dogood said...

Black and white
1) FCC governs show viewing/violence ratings.
2) Broadcaster Identifies his show as a certain rating based on its content.
3) McDonalds self-governs itself, in the form a store policy to only show a rating acceptable to its TARGET MARKET. . (TV-G – General Audiences @ McDonalds)

If the FCC, CNN, and McDonalds each do their job, I eat ice cream with Ronald. If the system fails (and it did) – I launch a multi-dollar attack on all three! Because of this systemic failure I have chosen a top political venue to air my grievances (right here). I place blame on McDonalds because they have ultimate control over the situation (improper V-Chip usage and/or notification). My response is to boycott, and I ask EVERY zulubuff blog reader to UNITE! Don’t eat at McDonalds for a certain period of time (according to your conviction). That will show them! God Bless America.

Take action! Tell McDonalds to Monitor the VChip for PG TV! Ignored Suggestions Page


Censorship is a great new blog title.

jrchaard said...

I suggest you eliminate the FCC and Let McD's do their own censoring if they want to.

Anonymous said...

Eliminate the FCC, Now I know this blog is being watched by the TSA.

S. Dogood said...

Hello ...

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the McDonald's in Raymore, MO with me. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry for the unsatisfactory experience during your recent visit. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the local franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. Additionally, I notified our regional McDonald's consultant who works with this owner for follow-up in the restaurant and appropriate corrective action.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon.

McDonald's Customer Response Center

Anonymous said...

Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I'm curious as to when we will eventually reach the rate of 1c to 1 Gigabyte.

I'm still waiting for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB drive, haha. But for now I will be content with having a 32 GB Micro SD in my R4i.

(Submitted from RPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)

S. Dogood said...

huh?

Zulubuff has a slight "Anonymous White Noise" ...

Blogger said...

Anybody else wants a FREE MC DONALD'S GIFT CARD?