Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Obama Turns into Mr. Freeze: No More Spending


I only feel obligated to comment on Obama’s new deficit hawk stance because if, years from now, archeologists use my blog to recreate the record of this day, I can’t let such an idiotic statement go unchallenged. The man that tripled our deficit in a single year now wants to talk about deficits. When Obama says that he is going to freeze spending to control deficits, that is like a man sticking his finger in a hole in the damn while planting explosives with the other hand. Of course, defense, entitlement, TARP, and stimulus money is off the table. I also plan on a personal budget freeze, except for house, medical, food, utilities, personal, entertainment, clothing, giving, automotive, Netflix, fitness center, and cell phone. Don’t get me wrong, I will take what I can get and hope he does freeze spending. Every penny not spent in Washington is good. I just want to make sure that the “freeze” is put into proper perspective.

4 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I think he got the idea from Dave Ramsey.

jrchaard said...

No, if it were from dave Ramsey, He would cut all programs. Sacrifice and gazelle intensity.

Kansas Bob said...

ALL programs? Wow.. never thought Dave lacked compassionate.

Troy said...

Beans and Rice, a Big garage sale, and cut up the credit cards.