Friday, January 22, 2010

TECH POST: Save the Planet from Viruses

I have no antivirus on my laptop and rarely ever use it – knock on wood. (I am mindful, and keep backups. ) FYI: “Window Antivirus 2009” IS A Virus despite its name. I had to teach my wife to stop clicking on it to ‘Scan your infected system now’ on her computer. I hear so many virus stories, if you don’t have Antivirus installed - then go get one, and there are free ones that are just as good as the paid versions. (If you have a MAC/linux you are smiling right now.)

The best free one – that’s adware free is AVG Antivirus software (http://free.avg.com). Send it to all your friends (except for radical liberals) that are unprotected. Its free antivirus without the extra baggage. I have installed it on dozens of computers without issue. Also I hear as an alternative: Avira Antivirus is good, but I’d stick w/ AVG.

More tips: Windows Defender (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/) - Windows XP users install this. It comes installed with Windows Vista. It's from Microsoft and stops spam, pop-ups, and other stuff.

Always be mindful when installing ANYTHING that you just Googled.

S. Dogood

3 comments:

jrchaard said...

if there is one thing that radical liberals are taught, it's to use protection and teach other people about it, including demonstrations ;)

S. Dogood said...

Here would be a wisdom, merging Computer Antivirus and Pregnancy Protection Device Companies is a Bad corporate move for both parties. There is no way marketing would work out for either.

Blogger said...

Been using Kaspersky security for a few years now, and I would recommend this solution to all you.