Tuesday, February 9, 2010

H1N1 Post Mortem: The PandemicThat Wan't

Did you get a vaccine? Were you worried about a H1N1 pandemic? When was the last time you heard about H1N1? I was driving by a Walgreen’s the other day and plastered all over their building were signs advertising the availability of the H1N1 vaccine. It made me think back to the hysteria of 2009 that was fueled by the Obama administration. I even went as far as saying that it would be used as a reason for declaring martial law. Kathleen Sebelius told us how to cough and Michelle Obama told us how to wash our hands. People like Rush Limbaugh were criticized for saying that he would not receive the vaccine. Every day on the news, we saw a story of the INDIVIDUAL that had tragically died from H1N1. Obama declared a state of emergency to speed up the availability of vaccine. Our inability to respond to a pandemic was highlighted for all to see, including terrorists. My wife came upon a story that I linked to in which Mike Wallace did a special investigation into the post mortem of the Pig Flu from 30 years ago. Again, it was much-a-do about nothing. There were many victims of bad vaccine. I, for one, predicted that it was a great exaggeration, but isn’t that how the Obama administration functions. Exaggerate “saved jobs” or GDP growth or the number of people not covered by insurance. Meanwhile, the real numbers of job loss and illegals gets swept under the rug. If this had been the Bush Administration, don’t you think you would have heard a few stories about how much money and time was wasted on the H1N1 hype. Did Bush use pig flu to distract people from the wars and economy? What do you think?

Update:
I just heard a PSA on pregnant woman getting the H1N1 vaccine. Perhaps the drug companies last effort at profit.

6 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Can I sell my guns now that you have recanted your martial law prediction?

jrchaard said...

No bob, you have to keep your guns for when the people mutate from the vaccine and turn into zombies. The people that are the best armed always survive the longest during a zombie attack

Kansas Bob said...

@jrc - I saw that scenario in "I am Legend" so it must be true.

jrchaard said...

I'll bet you like that one better than there will be blood.

Kansas Bob said...

Legend was way worse than Blood.. fast forwarded through much of it. I am still waiting for your review of Blood :)

jrchaard said...

I thought I did one, I guess not. I will have to do it.