Friday, March 26, 2010

What Is The Incentive To Work In The Obamanation

So, let me get this straight, if I lose my job, I will get unemployment checks for an indefinite amount of time, I will receive free health care, my student loans could be forgiven, and now my mortgage will be paid for 6 months, so long as I stop making payments on it. Aside from values that use to matter, such as pride and responsibility, what incentive is there to work. Of course, I don't think it is just a coincidence that such a system of dependence is being created. When I have been unemployed in the past, the idea of unemployment was distasteful enough of an incentive for me to be tenacious to only be unemployed for a maximum of 1.5 months over the last 13 years. For most people, the basic need of survival is the incentive to look for job opportunities. If one's survival is never in jeopardy then why would most people look for work. Is it compassionate for us to create this dependence. When will we be courageous enough to say that real compassion is to put an end to the flow of programs.

5 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Sam Brownback is doing his part advocating for your favorite farm product. http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2010/03/24/brownbacks-shenanigans/

jrchaard said...

Thanks for making me sick to my stomach. You know, I like to think that if I was elected, I could never see myself selling out left and right to push things like "mandating" anything, while crying about big government. Or being pro-life but supporting a pro-abortion HHS just because they are from the same state. But, that is why I would never get elected. To me, I don't think I would need a staff to evaluate 99% of bills. All I would do is look for key words, like mandatory or anything that increases a budget, and vote against it.

Kansas Bob said...

That is why I am anti-career-politician. I am ready to manage your campaign when you are ready to run.. of course I won't be able to help you get re-elected :)

jrchaard said...

I don't think "kansas" bob could manage Missouri scott. Plus, with my 2+ years of blogging, I am toast

Troy said...

I think this formula is ripe for scammers and lazy people. I can't wait for you to get elected. We'll lean on free speech for the blogs and just change the subject whenever confronted.