Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Movie Review: The Proposal

When I realized that Sandra Bullock was playing the older woman in a romantic comedy about such a thing, I felt old, even though I am the age of her 12 year younger love interest.  Aside from that, I had fun watching this movie.  The Proposal is a movie about a powerful publishing executive and her devoted and abused assistant (think devil wears prada) and how they come to fall in love.  Bullock plays the cut throat executive that finds out she is being deported back to canada for not completing her visa.  This is funny to think the US would deport anyone.  And, according to formula, she can stay so long as she is married to a US citizen.  Bullock ropes her assistant into the scheme without his knowledge and the comedy ensues as they have to convince the ICE agent and Reynold's family that they are a couple.   They are forced to spend the weekend at Reynold's family home in Alaska, where the barriers they had erected between themselves fall down as they fall into each others arms.  Even thought it was a formula movie, it still offered many laughs.  I liked watching the uneasiness turn romance between Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock.  I endorse the watching of this movie  

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I think that this was the last movie Ann and I watched at the theater. Agree with your take on it 100%

jrchaard said...

I watched it because of you Bob

zackzilla said...

After reading this, so many things are now in question......