Monday, April 5, 2010
QuikTrip: From Free Air to Buffalo Chicken Bites
1. Free Air – Because I am cheap, the fact that I could get air for my tires free is what drew me to QT
2. Cheap Gas – QT always has the cheapest gas out of any gas station around.
3. Fountain Drinks – I don’t know how they do it, but QT has the highest quality fountain drinks, not to mention their variety of flavors of soda, frozen drinks, shakes, and coffee. As an added bonus, their cups are high quality. I use the same cup for a couple of weeks
4. Cleanliness – The pump areas are clean, well lit, and the pavement is always in good condition. The interior is open and well merchandised. Floors and food stations are constantly cleaned.
5. Employees – The caliber of employee at QT is a cut above your standard convenience store. They are professional and well spoken, and the QT counter is always well staffed. If the slightest line forms, an associate magically appears to alleviate the line.
6. Pump Start Card – Since the days of trusting patrons not to drive off without paying for their gas is over, those of us that use cash to pay for their gas have been inconvenienced with having to go inside, pay cash, fill up, and then go get your change. QT allows you to swipe a card to let you fill up first and then pay inside.
7. Food – For quick food, QT has some good choices. For the longest time, I enjoyed the jalapeno smoked cheddar sausage. Now, they have introduced hot dog sized buffalo chicken bites, 2 for $2.00, and that has become my spicy craving. But even their regular dog is good, not to mention their deli sandwiches.
8. Locations – They have friendly locations all over and you know that you are going to get the same quality no matter which one you go to.