It comes as no surprise to me that the President’s solution to the oil crisis, which affects the poorest of Americans the most, is for those poor Americans to go and buy luxury priced hybrid vehicles. These vehicles could be close to double the annual salary of those hardest hit. You see, a rise in the cost of transportation, which affects every aspect of the economy, not including other things like heating oil and plastics manufacturing, is like a rising river where the poor live on the flood plain and the more well off live higher and higher up a hill. You would think this champion of the poor and down trodden, the modern day messiah, would be more concerned about this than any other issue. But instead of trying to reduce the water level, he’s dumping his chamber pot into the river. The reason why I am not surprised that he would offer no real solutions is that this approach is consistent with all of his other approaches to the top issues. Let me provide you a few examples.
1. National Debt – To shrink the national debt, Obama increases the annual deficit to 1.6 trillion dollars. That’s almost 3 times more money than the US brought in through tax revenue in 1980.
2. End War – To end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and reverse Bush Policy, Obama kept Bush’s Secretary of Defense, maintained his Iraq Policy, escalated the war in Afghanistan, and started a 3rd war in Libya, yet I hear crickets from the war protestors. Of course he was awarded a Nobel Prize.
3. End Crony Capitalism – To end crony capitalism, Obama took over GM and has the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world as a policy maker. I mean, you can’t get much more crony than having an active CEO in your administration.
4. Transparency – So Obama finally revealed his birth certificate. It is odd it took 3 years to release such basic personal information. Unfortunately, as we look back at all policy decisions that were made, including the crucial healthcare debates, we realize this administration is as transparent as lead is to superman.
5. End of Foreign Oil – I can’t tell you how many times Obama has said we need to end our dependence on foreign oil. Unfortunately, while he was banning just about every means of domestic exploration there is, he went to Brazil to give them a 3 billion dollar loan and told this foreign oil producer that we are excited to be their biggest customer. Of course George Soros was off in the background thankful that his investment paid off.
The list could go on, and it will as we have almost 2 years left with this guy. For example, we need campaign reform, so he is setting out to raise 1 billion dollars in campaign donations……