Thursday, April 14, 2011

Voice of Merrill: Bringing Bar Talk to Kansas City Mornings

The addition of the Voice of Merrill to KMBZ's morning line up is brought your common bar talk to Kansas City Mornings.   I think that is good.  I am a conservative talk junkie, and the last thing I need to hear is somebody covering local issues with a tuxedo and cuff link approach (can you say Greg Knapp on 710 KCMO).  I couldn't stand listening to Glenn Beck tell me each and every day how the world was going to end this year, and to build a bunker and buy gold.  While Beck may be correct, I don't want it to start my day.  I enjoy listening to Michael Savage in the evening because it is like sitting in my wise and well read grandfather's living room.  You never know what you are going to get, but it keeps you captivated.  The Voice of Merrill is similar in that it is like going to a bar with a conservative buddy.  You sit at the bar and talk politics, but you don't do it so seriously that you feel you have your own lecture class.  You are still passionate, but want to make sure your buddy listening leaves with a smile on his face instead of a knot in his stomach.  One of the best things about the Voice of Merrill is I have yet to hear him cry.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I told you that you would like him. :)

jrchaard said...

You did.

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is a highly reputable bullion dealer. They will provide you with bargain, up-to-minute prices and make sure your precious metals are delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.