Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet Movie Review


Gnomeo and Juliet is a G rated children’s movie.  It is definitely one of the more mild children movies when it comes to adult content, which was good.  The story is obvious.  The classic telling of Romeo and Juliet told through lawn ornaments that come alive like Pixar’s Toys.   I was surprised that they actually killed off Tybalt in this children’s movie, but hey, they are lawn ornaments.  As an adult, I wanted to sleep through most of the movie, but found some parts novel and entertaining.  My 7 year old thought the movie was weird, but entertaining.  My 5 year old son was entertained, but my three youngest kids were not interested at all as the pace of the movie was slow and there was little action.  It was also difficult to follow as they all spoke with English accents.  I give the movie 1 thumb up and another thumb up if you are desperate.    

No comments: