Thursday, March 1, 2012

Obama's 1% Solution To Gas Prices and Energy

Our President is for the poor.  There is no question about it.  I would say he is for maintaining the poor in perpetuity by removing the mechanisms in our society that allow for social movement.  Obama is for the 99%,   He is for maintaining the status of a top 1% by limiting the other 99%'s chance of moving into the 1%.  Therefore, it should come as no surprise that the President's approach to gas prices and energy furthers the effort to maintain the poor as poor.  You see, if our dear leader truly cared about the poor, he would understand that things like gas prices and inflation hurt the poor the most as they have little to no room to absorb the dramatic increases we have seen over the last 3 years.  He would set aside his noble green agenda until the economy bounces back so that real relief can be felt by the poor.  He can do this by aggressively pursuing domestic energy production as well as refinery construction.  The effects would be dramatic and immediate and the constituency that he is associated by the media as representing would be grateful. 
Our President is not at all about improving the lives of the poor.  His policy toward gasoline, as reflected through his actions, in-actions, his words, and those of his Energy Secretary serve as the best example of his hypocrisy.  First of all, as I have already explained, if Obama wanted to help the poor he would make their gasoline and heat and electricity cheaper, but he does not.  So what is his solution.  His solution is to produce vehicles through government motors, such as the volt, for which there are no driving market forces.  These vehicles are very expensive and are out of the reach of most Americans.  The only people that can afford these cars are what most people would classify as the 1%.  You could therefore say that Obama's approach is to provide relief for the top 1% only to our current energy crisis.  The next time you are asked which party supports the 99%, ask what they are trying to do to make gasoline cheaper.

No comments: